You know those delicious Danish cookies in the blue box? Lo and behold, these Butter scented tea cakes have that subtle vanilla flavor and scent. Surely they are rich in butter but once in a while we can treat ourselves to these delights, also because they wouldn’t be so good without butter!
- 110 g of soft butter
- 60 g of icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks (medium eggs)
- 125 g of flour
- 40 g of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- half vial of vanilla essence
- 1 pinch of salt
- Sift the flour and cornstarch and then combine them in the same bowl.
- In a container, put the butter at room temperature with a pinch of salt and with an electric whisk, make it creamy.
- Add the icing sugar and whip it with the butter, first with a spatula (otherwise the icing sugar flies everywhere) then again with a whisk.
- Now add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating them well.
- Add the vanilla essence and the flour with the cornstarch, a little at a time, always first with a spatula and then with a whisk.
- Finally add the spoonful of milk and mix everything well.
- Now take a star nozzle.Then put it in the sac a poche and then fill it with the mixture.
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, form your butter-scented tea cakes.
- Put them in a preheated oven at 170°C for about 10 minutes.
- Always adjust according to your oven and remembering that these butter tea pastries must not be colored.