Soft and fluffy cheese stuffed naan bread filled with cheesy mozzarella and chives. Simply delicious and easy to prepare. Another must try flatbread for you Indian food lovers out there. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup milk (160 ml), warm
- 2 cup bread flour (260 gr)
- 2 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- some chopped chives
- some chopped coriander
- some shredded mozzarella
- some garlic powder
- Add sugar into warm milk and stir. Then sprinkle dry yeast and give it a stir also. Set aside for it to get foamy for around 5 minutes.
- In a standing mixer bowl, add in flour, yogurt, olive oil, salt and yeast mixture. Mix to incorporate everything and then knead for 10 minutes. Form the dough into a ball and place it in an oiled bowl. Coat the dough with some oil to prevent crust forming on it.
- Cover the bowl tightly with cling film and leave it in a warm and draft free place until the dough rises double its size.
- Flour the working surface and place the risen dough on it. Lightly knead it into a log and cut it into 4 equal pieces. Form each piece into a ball.
- Take 1 ball and roll it into a round disk. Put some chopped chives in the center followed by shredded mozzarella and some garlic powder. Wrap the filling with the edges of the dough and pinch the seams together.
- Lightly wet the top surface of the ball with some water and then dip it in a plate containing chopped coriander leaves. Place the ball on the working surface again, seam side down. Roll it into an oval shape of 5×8 inch (13×20 cm). Place the rolled dough on a lightly floured baking tray while you continue with the rest of the balls.
- Heat an iron cast skillet on high medium heat until it’s smoking. Place the rolled dough coriander side down onto the pan and cook for 1 ½ minutes per each side or until fully cooked. Transfer to a plate and paint it with some oil or melted butter. Cover with a kitchen cloth to maintain it warm while you continue cooking the rest. Best served warm, enjoy!