This cake bakes perfectly, it is moist, flavourful and dense. It bakes in less than an hour and a perfect accompaniment to tea.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter 226g(8Oz), room temperature
- 200g(7Oz) /1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 / 180g(6.3Oz) cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (120mL) sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the Owen to 175 °C then sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Mixed ingredient and set aside.
- Line a 1 Liter loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place room temperature butter and the sugar in a bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Gradually add the eggs one by one and Sour Cream and beat well.
- Pour over the flour mixture and stir to combine then add vanilla, extract and fold it in.
- Spoon the batter into the tin and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a few moist crumbs.