Classic peanut butter cookies – this recipe is really easy to make and super rich and delicious.
- 3/4 cup (185g) peanut butter (creamy)
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, soft
- 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (250g) flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together white sugar, brown sugar and butter until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, until combined. Mix in the peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium bowl stir flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and beat until well combined. Place the batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll the batter into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. place the cookies on the baking sheet, leave about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Flatten cookies, using a fork, in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Let cool 15-20 minutes.