A crumbly and tasty pastry coating that includes a heart of cocoa pastry rich in grated chocolate. Make a good supply of it; I warn you: one leads to another!
- 170 g of granulated sugar
- 130 g of butter
- 3 egg yolks (55-60 g total)
- 75 g of milk
- 320 g of plain flour
- 120 g of starch
- pinch of salt
- ½ scant teaspoon of baking powder
- 10 g of bitter cocoa
- 30 g of chocolate fondant
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a planetary mixer with the leaf hook, or in a bowl by hand or with a spoon, mix the butter, sugar and pinch of salt. The butter should be removed from the refrigerator 5-10 minutes earlier. When the butter has absorbed the sugar well, add the egg yolks and 75 g of milk and continue to mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Add the sifted flour, starch and baking powder. Mix until you get a mixture of the same consistency as the pastry.
Take 230 g of dough and, still in the planetary mixer or in a bowl, add the sifted cocoa, the grated or minced chocolate and the spoonful of milk. Mix until everything is homogeneous.
- Once the two loaves of dough are ready, wrap them in plastic wrap and leave them to rest in the fridge for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the 2 doughs from the fridge, knead them lightly to make them elastic again and divide each of the two loaves into 3. With the cocoa dough create loaves, with a diameter of 1 cm.
- Roll out the light dough on a floured work surface until it reaches a thickness of about 5 mm.
- Moisten the paste with water, using a brush or your fingers. Lay the loaf of cocoa dough on the light dough.
- Wrap the cocoa loaf in the clear pastry, cut off the excess pastry and seal. Make all the rolls and let them rest in the fridge for 15 minutes. When the dough has hardened slightly, cut the loaves, thus obtaining biscuits about 5 cm long. Score the classic lines with a fork and place them on a pan with baking paper. Let them rest again in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake in a static oven at 180°, on the middle shelf, for about 25/27 minutes. If necessary, in the last few minutes, move the pan to a higher shelf to brown the biscuits. Remove from the oven and leave to cool