- 250g firm organic tofu
- Marinade: 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 2 tsp toasted sesame oil, 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper (Optional: 1 clove minced garlic or 1 tsp minced ginger)
- 2-3 cups cooked rice
- 1 bunch broccolini, blanched
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 avocado, halved & sliced
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger
- Extras: Pepitas, hemp seeds, sesame seeds
- Sauce: 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp minced ginger, 2 tsp maple syrup, dash of black pepper, 1 tbsp peanut butter & coconut milk to thin it out.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Dice the firm tofu into small cubes and add into a shallow dish/container. Pour in the marinade ingredients and mix well to coat. For best results, cover and sit in the fridge for a few hours. You can bake it immediately but letting it sit will let more of the marinade seep into the tofu.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.
- To assemble, pop your cooked rice into the bottom of a large bowl. Add on all the remaining ingredients. Serve with your sauce and enjoy!