This super moist banana cake is super delicious and the flavor is easily recognizable. To make this delicious cake you will need all-purpose flour, eggs, ripe bananas, brown sugar, sugar, crushed nuts, soft olive or sunflower oil, vanilla extract, and baking powder.
- 4 Ripe medium bananas
- 80 grams of white sugar
- 80 grams of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil (or sunflower, canola or corn)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 250 grams All-purpose common wheat flour
- 2.5 tsp Baking powder (12g approx.)
- 80g Crushed nuts (Optional)
- Start by adding 4 peeled bananas, white sugar, and brown sugar. Using a fork, mash the bananas with the sugars until they are well combined, if the bananas are ripe it will be easy to mash them and combining with the sugars.
- If you don’t have brown sugar just swap it for normal sugar but brown sugar gives that mix a delicious taste and also makes it juicer. Add the eggs one after the other while mixing it with the bananas after each addition. Once they are mixed you will then add in the olive oil and one purpose of adding oil to this cake is that it will remain soft for days even after being refrigerated. You can use any type of vegetable flavorless oil in this recipe.
- Once the batter has come together very well and there are no lumps, add the crushed nuts in and fold them in. You can also opt for chocolate chips at this point and once the mix is ready you can prepare the pan. Use an 18cm diameter round cake pan that is lined with a parchment paper, pour the batter into the cake pan and bake this banana cake in a 180 degrees Celcius preheated oven for 60 minutes/1 hours.
- Oven varies in heat and you will start checking if your cake is ready from the 50th minute, you will know the cake is ready when a toothpick or skewer inserted at the center comes out clean. Once the cake is well baked, take it out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes in a cooling rack before unmould it. Let the cake cool completely to room temperature before serving it.
- If you are making the recipe for a larger crowd, you can double or triple the ingredients and use the instructions outlined and the cake will still come out perfect.