This is an all-time favorite banana butter cake that is so moist and loaded with ripe bananas, tiny raisins and toasted walnuts. It is so soft and moist and loaded with everything good if you don’t want walnuts, you can totally leave it out and this cake will still be amazing.
- 3 very ripe bananas (medium/large)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (8 Tbsp) at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan (9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep). Lightly roast walnuts on a skillet, continuously stirring so they won’t burn. Coarsely chop and cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together 8 Tbsp softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar (or honey if using honey).
- Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the batter along with 2 eggs, mixing until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt then add to batter.
- Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix in chopped walnuts and raisins. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let banana bread rest for 10 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.