The best vanilla ice cream, you will ever make and taste! Everyone’s WOW and LOVES it! I like this vanilla ice cream on its own or with roasted macadamia nuts.
- 300g whipping cream/ double cream
- 300g milk, whole or semi skimmed
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 large or 4 small egg yolks
- 80g granulated sugar, golden, optional
- Combine the whipping cream, milk and cut the vanilla pod open lengthways and scape out the seeds with a knife, then add in a pot and bring it almost to the boil.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl, stirring continuously until pale and fluffy, pour the hot milk/cream mix onto the beaten egg yolk and sugar, continue whisking until the mixture is thick and mouse like. ensure that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- You can skip the step 3, if you serve the ice cream within a week in the freezer. if not follow the step (3) and beware do not cook too long, it will leaving a mixture resembling fine curds and whey like bits of scrambled egg in it.
- Return the mix to the pot and over a very low heat for a few minutes. keep an eyes for that. allow the mix to cool thoroughly.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes and take out of the freezer, using an electric whisk and whisking until the mixture double in volume. whisk again every 30 minutes to 1 hour to break down any ice crystals, return to the freezer until frozen.
- you can add some roasted macadamia nuts, pistachio, walnuts on top and satisfy your desire to crunch on something. This recipe can use ice cream maker, and see instructions of the book itself.
- Scrape into a freezer container, and freeze until solid. Enjoy!