I made castella by adding cheddar cheese.The flavor of the softly melted castella and cheddar cheese melted together was delicious.As the cheddar cheese melted and settled down, the lower part was baked moist and the upper part was baked softly, so I could feel a different texture, I cut it right away when it was hot because of the cheese, but this castella should be eaten when it is hot so that I can feel the texture of the cheese softly.
- Salt-free butter 65g
- Powder 75g
- 50 g milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 g salt
- Vanilla Extract 5g
- 5 egg whites
- 100 g sugar
- Cheddar Cheese 4
- Put unsalted butter in a pot, boil until it melts, sift through the flour, and mix.
- Add milk, mix egg yolk, mix, add salt and vanilla extract and mix.
- Whip the egg whites until a large foam is formed, then divide the sugar into 3 times and whip it to make a meringue with soft horns.
- Add a little meringue to the egg yolk dough, mix it in a bowl of meringue and mix.
- Pour the dough into the mold, put sliced cheddar cheese, cover it with dough, and place it on a pan containing hot water and bake it in the oven at 150 degrees (160 degrees 20 minutes preheat) for 60 minutes in the oven.