These delicious simple fluffy homemade muffins are light, fluffy, and super simple to make. They have a soft and moist crumb and they puff up beautifully.
These delicious treats are made by using the muffin method, which means mixing the dry ingredients in one bowl, the liquids in another bowl and then simply combining the two together.
The secret to getting your homemade muffins right every single time is to not over-beat when combining the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (185g)
- ½ cup butter, melted (115g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- ½ cup whole milk (120 ml)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt, then set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, (or in a large bowl using a handheld mixer) beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- On medium speed, beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add half of the dry ingredients and beat just until combined.
- Then add in the milk and beat until combined.
- Add the other half of the dry ingredients and fold in until just combined. Be keen not to over mix. (The less you mix, the lighter the cake will be.)
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups to about a third full, place in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes (or 8-10 minutes if making mini cupcakes) until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Take them out of the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool off completely.
- Serve and enjoy.