This easy and moist carrot cake recipe is simply delicious with chopped pecans and hints of orange and cinnamon for a tasty teatime treat with friends.
Ingredients : Cake
- 1 box Crocker Country Carrot Cake Mix
- 105 ml vegetable oil
- 200 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1 teapsoon ground cinnamon
- zest of 1 orange
- 100 g pecans, chopped
Topping and Filling
- 1 ½ tubs Crocker Cream Cheese Style Icing
- ½ teapsoon ground cinnamon
- Zest of ½ orange
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Carrot Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Then fold through the cinnamon, orange zest and pecans.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 23-28 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
- Ice one cake with ½ tub of Cream Cheese Style Icing then sandwich together with the other half cake. Cover the outside of the cake with the remaining icing. Using the palette knife gently create swirls on the top and sides (gently press the palette knife into the icing and bring the knife round in a curve and a flick to create the swirl).
- Dust the top with cinnamon and the orange zest.