Mixed mushrooms add flavour, texture and complexity to this spicy beef and noodle stir-fry, as well as a welcome boost of important nutrients. Winning all round.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut oil
- 800 gram rump steak, sliced thinly
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, sliced thickly
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 100 gram shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 150 gram oyster mushrooms, halved
- 100 gram enoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 450 gram packet hokkien noodles
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat half of the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan; stir-fry steak, in batches, until browned. Remove from the wok.
- Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry onion until softened. Add garlic and ginger, stir-fry until fragrant. Add shiitake and oyster mushrooms; stir-fry until just tender. Add enoki mushrooms and chilli; stir-fry until just combined.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water over noodles to separate; drain well.
- Return steak to wok with noodles and remaining ingredients; stir-fry until mixture boils and thickens slightly.