Quick, easy and tasty, this beef and ginger stir fry can be served on a bed of Asian greens for a truly satisfying meal.
- 600 gram beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1/3 cup shao hsing wine (chinese cooking wine)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium (150g) onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, trimmed, cut into lengths
- steamed asian greens, to serve
- Combine beef, ginger and half the wine in a medium bowl. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a hot wok until the surface starts to shimmer. Add half the beef and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Add onion and garlic, and stir-fry until onion is soft.
- Return beef to the wok and add remaining wine, oyster sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss together, then add spring onions. Stir-fry for a further minute.
- Serve with steamed Asian greens, if desired.