This is a classic Sunday pot roast beef, easy to make and it can be ready in 3 different ways. You can make it in the oven, instant pot or in the slow cooker.
- 1 3 to 5-pound beef roast chuck, round, or brisket
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large white onions cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 pound red potatoes cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Gets a large oven-safe Dutch oven pot heating over high heat.
- Season both sides of chuck roast with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable oil to the pot and sear roast until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Remove roast from pan and set aside briefly on a plate or cutting board.
- Add garlic to the pot and saute 60 seconds. Deglaze pan with red wine and beef broth. Add roast back to the pot.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce over roast and place the onion chunks, carrots, and potatoes on top of and around the meat. Place a rosemary sprig on top.
- Place a lid on the pan and transfer it to the preheated 350-degree oven.
- Cook 3 hours, or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 202 degrees F and shreds easily with a fork.
- Season vegetables with additional salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.