Fresh, fruity and sweet, this gorgeous passionfruit panna cotta and mango dessert is perfect for entertaining guests or an indulgent weekend treat.
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon gelatine
- 2 tablespoon water (to check)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sieved passionfruit juice, plus 2 extra passionfruit
- 2 (600g) mangoes
- In a medium pan, combine milk, cream, vanilla bean, sugar and gelatine over a low heat. Stir until the gelatine is dissolved; do not boil.
- Strain cream mixture into a jug, discard bean. Stir in juice and leave to cool.
- Pour cream mixture into 6 x 1/2-cup capacity moulds. Cover, refrigerate for about 6 hours or until set.
- Cut mango cheeks from seed, peel skin. Slice mango thinly. Arrange mango on serving plates.
- Invert panna cotta onto mango; drizzle with extra passionfruit pulp.