Baked instead of fried, these tasty doughnuts are prepared like muffins so they’re quick and easy to make.
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) E.D.SMITH® Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter, cooled
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) icing sugar, sifted
- 4 tsp (20 mL) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease or spray 12-cavity doughnut pan.
- In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and cayenne pepper. In separate large bowl, whisk together Pure Pumpkin, sugar, buttermilk, melted butter, egg, maple syrup and vanilla until well combined; stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Spoon heaping 2 tablespoonfuls of batter into each doughnut cavity. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tester inserted into centre of each doughnut comes out clean. Transfer to rack; let cool in pan for 10 minutes. If necessary, reinforce doughnut holes with handle of wooden spoon. Transfer doughnuts directly to rack; let cool completely.
- Buttermilk Glaze: Whisk together icing sugar, buttermilk and lemon juice. Drizzle glaze over tops of doughnuts; let stand until set.