Galette Bretonne is a traditional confectionery from the Brittany region of France.It is characterized by thickly baked sweet and salty sucre dough flavored with rum.
- Unsalted butter 84g
- Fine granulated sugar 48g
- salt (granules) 1g
- egg yolk 12g
- Weak flour 110g
- skinless almond poodle 12g
- baking powder 0.5g
- Rum 12g
- eggyolk for brushing approximately 10g
- Add granulated sugar and salt to the softened butter and mix evenly.
- Add the egg yolk and rum and mix evenly.
- Add the sifted flour and mix until there are no lumps.
- Place the dough between OPP sheets and roll it out to a thickness of 1cm.
- Chill the rolled out dough in the refrigerator for about 2 hours until firm.
- Cut the chilled dough into 5.5cm pieces and place them on a baking sheet lined with a sheet or baking sheet that will make delicious cookies.
- Use a brush to apply eggyolk to the surface of the dough.
- Add a pattern using a fork.
- Cover the dough with a 6cm cercle and bake in an oven at 170℃ for about 25 minutes.
- Once baked, cool it on a cake cooler and it’s done.