Learn how to make the best almond cookies! these cookies are soft, chewy and super flavorful. They are gluten free (flourless), doesn’t contain butter and pretty east to make. Perfect cookies for holidays, parties or any occasion.
- 2¼ cups (220g) almond flour (ground almonds)
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. (140g) Powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Rose water (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract (optional)
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Raw almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat egg white until foamy.
- Add beaten egg white, vanilla extract, rose water, almond extract, lemon juice to the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Shape the dough into small balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Decorate each cookie with an almond (optional).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden (the cookies shouldn’t be too golden, otherwise they will dry out). Allow to cool before serving.