This cake is so moist, so tender and the texture is just amazing. You will need some butter and cream cheese both of which should be softened and at room temperature.
- 225 grams (1cup) Unsalted Butter (Softened to room temperature)
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) Cream Cheese (Softened to room temperature)
- 350 grams (1 3/4 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Zest of lemon/orange (Optional)
- 4 eggs
- 260 grams (2 cups) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Start off by greasing and lightly flouring your baking pan and preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the paddle attachment for just about 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds add the room temperature cream cheese and beat it in for 30 seconds or until both are nicely blended. Scrape the bowls of the stand mixer so that everything is mixed in then add the granulated sugar gradually while continuously beating the mixture on medium speed till all the sugar is added in the mixture.
- To add flavor to your cake, add orange or lemon zest and vanilla extract then beat the mixture on medium speed for about 5 minutes. Once the butter and cream cheese mixture is light and fluffy, stop the mixer, scrape the sides of the bowl and add 4 eggs one at a time while the mixer is on medium speed. Once all the eggs are incorporated in the mixer, stop. Into a separate bowl, sift in the dry ingredients; flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder then lightly whisk them and gradually add the dry into the wet mixture.
- Mix it on low speed until the flour is barely mixed in the batter then finish mixing with a spatula to avoid overbeating the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan spreading it evenly then tap it on the counter a few times to remove any trapped air. Bake the cake in the preheated 180Celcius oven for about 55 to 60 minutes.
- Let the cake sit in the pan for 15 to 20 minutes before inverting on a wire rack to cool completely. Serve plain or dust with powdered sugar. This cake is so soft and tender and the texture is just awesome.