This sliceable vegeterian loaf is a fun addition to your breakfast rotation. You can easily swap out the types of veggies included or even add bacon or sausage.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1.75 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup roughly chopped asparagus
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cupsliced scallions
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Grease an 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with nonstick oil spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Add the asparagus, pepper, and scallions to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, and mustard until smooth.
- Add half of the flour-vegetable mixture to the egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add both cheeses to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the remaining flour mixture to the egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the egg mixture to the prepared pan. Use a spatula to spread in an even layer and smooth the top.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until golden brown, about 50 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. For an extra tasty snack, toast in a cast iron skillet with butter.