These mini butter cakes have a rich buttery fragrance and a refreshing taste with a soft and moist texture. To make a smooth and moist pound cake, the temperature is the key. All ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Unsalted butter(soften) 150g
- Icing sugar 120g
- Salt 1.5g
- Egg 120g (3 small eggs, 50g/each)
- Cake flour 150g
- Baking powder 4g
- Cream 45g
- Vanilla extract 4g (Optional)
- Softened butter 8g (piping on top)
- Lemon zest
- Soak 3 eggs in hot water (70-80c) for 20 minutes. In a mixing bowl, add 150 grams of unsalted room temparature butter and lightly mix it with a spatula just to cream it.
- Add 120 grams of icing sugar to the butter and mix until the sugar and butter are well incorporated. Switch to a hand whisk and beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until the butter becomes creamy, light and fluffy. Preheat the oven to 165C(330F), break the warm eggs into a bowl and beat them well. Add the beaten eggs into the butter mixture in small additions and beat well after each addition.
- After pouring a little at a time, mix at medium speed until the egg and butter are thoroughly combined. Ultimately, your butter should be very silk, light and smooth. Mix 150 grams of cake flour and 4 grams of baking powder then sift into the butter in two additions. Use a spatula to fill the flour with the butter until well combined before adding the next batch.
- Mix until the flour is incorporated in the butter and you have a smooth batter. Finally, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and 45 ml of cream. Fold them into the cake until smooth. Grease the inside of your cake moulds with softened butter then divide the batter into the pans. Bake them in the bottom of the oven at 165 degrees Celcius for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Once baked, immediately remove them from the oven and remove the mould to let the cakes cool down. Once cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and store at room temparature overnight. Serving the next day, your cakes will be super moist. Enjoy with a cup of tea.