These pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting have the flavors of fall in every bite!
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- ½ cup homemade or canned organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz butter
- 3 tbsp granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda, pinch of salt, cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground ginger. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the eggs and sweetener until pale and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the almond butter and pumpkin puree and beat until well combined.
- Add in the almond flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the softened butter and sweetener, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth and creamy about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and beat until well combined.
- Pipe the frosting over the cupcakes and serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.