There are many ways you can make these eggless vanilla cupcakes and this method is simple, tried and tested.
- 1 cup (120 grams) All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (75 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (156 ml) butter/oil
- 3/4 cup (177 ml) Milk
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Milk powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then line the cupcake tray with paper liners and set aside. In a mixing bowl, sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda salt then mix and set it aside.
- In another bowl, add in milk and stir in vinegar then set it aside for 2 minutes and when the milk is curdled, add in oil, vanilla, suga and milk powder then mix until everything is combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter and mix it well using a spatula until everything is combined well then fish off by beating with a beater for a minute and this basic vanilla cake batter is ready.
- Fill the cupcake liners till three-quarters way full and they will rise up when baking. If you want you can sprinkle nuts of chocolate chip on top of the batter before baking. Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If you want to put any icing on top, let the cake cool completely before frosting.