Super soft and delicious yoghurt plum cake baked with coconuts is the perfect holiday cake for you. This is a simple cake that you only need one bowl to mix everything up and bake in 20 minutes. In a big mixing bowl, add in 2 eggs and beat the eggs with an electric whisk until about double in size and fluffy. You can also use a hand whisk but this will take you quite some time, just make sure you whisk the eggs really well.
- 2 eggs
- 100 g (3.5Oz) of sugar
- 125 grams (4.4Oz) apricot yoghurt
- 45 ml of sunflower oil
- Half a cup (75 grams/ 2.6Oz) of grated coconuts
- 50 g (1.8Oz) of starch or corn starch
- 150 g (5.3Oz) of flour
- 2 tsp of yeast
- In a bowl, add in 2 eggs, start mixing with the electric mixer then add the sugar.
- Continuing to mix until the sugar and eggs are combined then, pour in the yoghurt, oil and begin to incorporate the starch and flour a little at a time.
- Once the flour is mixed in, add baking powder and grated coconut then fold them in until all the coconuts are well dispersed in the cake batter.
- Prepare the cake moulds or a loaf tin by greasing then lightly flouring then pans and pour the batter to about three-quarters full.
- Bake the cake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven (180C) for 20 minutes.
- Once out of the oven top the cake with the remaining grated coconuts and let it cool a little and serve it.