Master this classic burger recipe and you’ll be the king (or queen) of the grill from here on out!
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning blend
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices cheese (such as Cheddar, American, Swiss, etc.)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Ketchup, mustard, onion slices, pickle slices (optional)
- Combine Ground Beef and steak seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese slice.
- Cook’s Tip:To prepare on stovetop, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce; top with tomato, burger and toppings, as desired. Close sandwiches.