Salt and Vinegar Chips are an odd but amazing combination. Salty and sour and crunchy, they are definitely at the top of my list of favorite chips. Maybe they work so well because the humble potato flavor carries the salty-tangy combo so well, so one could stand to reason that it would work well with any form of potato. Maybe not any potato – salt and vinegar mashed potatoes might not work so well, but these Crispy Salt and Vinegar Potatoes sure do!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, halved (quartered if large)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine potatoes, 1 cup vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of salt. Add water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, 20-25 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally until crispy, 8-10 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and season with chives and salt and enjoy!