This easy peach, coconut and hazelnut loaf is the ultimate afternoon tea or dessert to be enjoyed during the warmer months.
- 125g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 yellow peaches, stone removed, finely diced
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 6 cup capacity (20cm x 10cm x 7cm deep base measurement) loaf pan and line with baking paper, 5cm above line of pan. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add egg, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently fold in sour cream, peaches and coconut. Sift flours over batter and gently fold until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top and sprinkle with chopped nuts, pressing gently into batter. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.