I don’t know where you sit today, but I hope your view is as nice as mine, where the air smells sweet with a freshly baked lemon cake in the oven, and the sun is high and bright.This lemon yogurt cake is slightly tangy, moist, and delicious. The simple recipe can be made in a flash and has tons of lemony flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (from 1-2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a metal 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In another large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Take the dry ingredients you set aside and slowly and gradually whisk them into the wet ingredients.
- With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester stuck in the center of the loaf comes out clean. When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- Remove cake from the pan and place it on a wire rack set over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon glaze over the top and allow it to soak in. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Serve warm.