Baking muffins for babies is a great way to include fruits and veggies in their diet in an enjoyable manner.
- ½ cups carrots (grated)
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup coconut (grated)
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅛ cup flax seeds powder
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 egg
- Olive oil, for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176.6°C). Grease the muffin tin with olive oil and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Now, with constant stirring, add egg, applesauce, and orange juice to the bowl. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Fold in grated carrots and coconut in the flour mix until everything blends well.
- Once done, spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, filling each mold up to its two-third.
- Put the baking tins into the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes until the muffins develop a brown crust.
- After 20 minutes, take the tin out of the oven and keep it on the wire rack to cool.
- Feed the muffin to your baby with a dip or fruit puree.