Everyone needs a classic, delicious and moist chocolate cake recipe. Here you have an easy fool-proof chocolate cake recipe that you will love.
- ½ cup milk room temp.
- ⅔ cup buttermilk room temp.
- ¾ cup sour cream room temp.
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tspn Instant Coffee
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 box Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- Preheat oven to 325° F and prepare three deep 6″ cake pans (or 2 8″ cake pans) by lightly greasing the sides with shortening and dusting with all purpose flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer whisk together all the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Sift in the chocolate cake mix, cocoa powder and instant coffee and mix until just combined. The batter should be smooth and completely combined but do not overmix!
- Evenly divide batter between your prepared cake pans and bake for 23-26 minutes.
- When the cake is done, the top should spring back to the touch and when inserting a toothpick in the center it should come out clean with no wet batter.
- Remove from the oven, go around the sides with a small offset spatula to separate the cake from the pan but not removing it from the cake pan just yet.
- Allow cakes to cool in the cake pans for about 5 minutes, then carefully flip the pans and remove the layers from the cake pans onto a cooling rack to cool completely before decorating.