This is a wonderful moist cake that’s bursting with orange flavour in a way that you can only achieve using whole oranges
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ½ to ¾ cup unrefined sugar
- ½ cup thick creamy yogurt
- ¼ cup oil
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons candied orange peels chopped fine (or finely grated zest)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line one 8 inch round cake pan.
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Keep aside.
- In another large bowl, take next five ingredients and beat well till you get a uniform mixture. You may use a hand blender for mixing.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix till you get a lump free smooth batter. Do not over mix. Stir in candied peels or zest.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 -30 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the rack.