This cake has been my family’s favorite for many years. You can serve the oranges with orange icing.
- 1/2 cup (227grams/4 Oz) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (150grams/ 5.3Oz) sugar
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream (non-fat, light or regular)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1-1/2 cup (204grams/7.2Oz) ﬂour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- Cream the butter, sugar and orange zest on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and ﬂuffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the sour cream and orange juice.
- Mix the ﬂour, baking powder, salt and baking soda together in a small bowl.
- Stop the mixer and add the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared mufﬁn pans. Bake for 18 minutes. Let cupcakes sit in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Glaze or dust with powdered sugar and serve. Enjoy.