If you ask me what is my favorite cake, I would have to say Banana Cake. Sure, I would jump at Chocolate Cake or Cheesecake but if I could have only one, banana it is.
- 240g self-raising flour
- 220g butter, softened
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 3 medium sized bananas (280g), mashed
- 135g plain yogurt
- Sift flour and cinnamon powder and whisk to evenly mix. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
- Add mashed bananas and fold using a spatula.
- Add flour in 3 additions alternated with two additions of yogurt and ending with flour. Fold until just combined.
- Pour batter into a lined pan and bake at 160C for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean.