The yogurt cake tastes refreshing and delicious. It tastes softer than the original chiffon. The making of yogurt cake is similar to the chiffon method. It is easier to operate than chiffon.
- Corn oil 80 grams
- yogurt 120g
- Low-gluten flour 100 g
- corn starch 15g
- yolk 6
- protein cream 6g
- caster sugar 75g
- Salt 2 grams
- lemon juice a little
- First prepare the ingredients and weigh the ingredients separately for later use. Use a thicker yogurt, the thicker the better.
- Make egg yolk paste: Put corn oil and yogurt into a water-free glass basin, use a manual egg beater to emulsify evenly, and the emulsified liquid will be thick and thick.
- Sift the low-gluten flour and cornstarch with a flour sieve, then sift into a glass basin, use a manual egg beater to make even batter in a zigzag pattern.
- Add the separated egg yolks into the batter and mix well with a whisk in a zigzag pattern. Do not over mix to prevent the batter from forming gluten.
- The well-mixed egg yolk paste is smooth and delicate. Cover it with plastic wrap to prevent the surface from drying out. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees for the upper and lower tubes.
- After the protein is separated, put it into a water-free and oil-free chef’s jar. It should be noted here that the container holding the protein must be water-free and oil-free, otherwise it will not be whipped.
- Install the kitchen machine and start beating at high speed. During the beating process, after the egg whites bubble, pour in fine sugar, salt and lemon juice at one time and continue beating at high speed.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff. Lift the whisk head and stop beating when a stiff curved hook appears.
- Add one-third of the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk batter and mix evenly.
- After mixing, pour all the meringue into the meringue and mix evenly with a spatula to form a smooth and delicate cake batter.
- Pour the cake batter into a six-inch (2) chiffon mold. After pouring, lift the mold and gently shake out any big air bubbles.
- Put the mold into the bottom layer of the oven and bake at 150 degrees for 60 minutes. When baking for 20 minutes, open the oven door, pull out the baking grid, quickly use a knife to make a cross shape on the surface of the cake, continue baking, and it will be out of the oven when the time is up. , the cross shape comes out. If you don’t like it, you can leave it without cutting in the middle.
- After coming out of the oven, gently shake the mold to release the hot air, turn it upside down on the cooling rack and let it cool before demoulding.