This cream cheese pound cake makes for a very moist, soft and tender cake that has a beautiful golden-brown crust.To store the cake, keep it wrapped in plastic, for up to three days at room temperature, one week in the refrigerator or freeze for up to three months.
- 3 cups (390 grams) all-purpose flour
- 8 ounce (226 grams) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (340 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 ¾ cups (550 grams) granulated white sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Zest (outer skin) of one lemon or orange (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place oven rack in center of oven.
- Grease/butter and flour a 10 inch (25 cm) baking pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt then set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or using a hand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add in the sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, and keep beating on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and lemon zest and beat until well incorporated.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture, in three additions, and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 55 – 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes so it can set then remove the cake from the pan to cool off completely.
- Serve and enjoy.