This simple shredded beef recipe is seasoned with pantry spices, aromatics and a secret “cheater” ingredient.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Ginger finely chopped
- 1 large red chili thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Low Carb Hoisin Sauce
- 1/3 cup tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 pounds beef chuck roast cut into 2 pieces
- 3 cups Beef Stock
- Place your pressure cooker onto high heat.
- Add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger and chili into the pressure cooker and saute for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the Low Carb Hoisin Sauce, tamari, 5 spice and pepper, mix well.
- Add the pieces of beef chuck and coat in the mixture.
- Pour the beef stock over and ensure the beef is just covered.
- Place the lid on your pressure cooker, heat until pressurised then drop to low heat and cook for 1 ½ hours.
- De-pressurized the cooker and gently remove the beef and shred.
- Place the remaining liquid in a saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce by half.
- Add the reduced liquid into the shredded beef. Store covered in the fridge for up to 1 week, or freeze up to 3 months.
- To serve, place the beef in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and saute until any excess liquid has cooked off and the meat is starting to get crispy.
- Serve immediately.