The chicken thighs meat has a beautiful color, a smooth and tender texture, and no fishy smell. It tastes no worse than the braised chicken thighs bought outside. The children love it.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 large piece of ginger
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 2 chives
- Wash the chicken thighs, cut off the fat chicken skin (you don’t have to remove it), and then score 3-4 knives on each chicken thigh to facilitate the flavor.
- Flatten the garlic, slice the ginger, cut the green onions into sections or tie them directly into knots, and put them into the chicken thighs together.
- Add 10-12 tablespoons of light soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of cooking wine, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and enough water to cover the chicken thighs into the small pot.
- Place it on the stove, and after it boils over high heat, continue to open the lid and cook over high heat for about 10 minutes.Cook until the chicken can be pierced with chopsticks, then turn off the heat.
- Add appropriate amount of salt to the pot and stir evenly.
- Cover the lid, turn off the heat and simmer for half an hour to make the chicken thighs more flavorful. It doesn’t matter if you simmer for a while longer.
- Take out all the chicken thighs from the small pot.
- Clip out the green onions and turn on high heat to reduce the juice.
- Pour the soup over the chicken thighs, and our braised chicken thighs are ready to serve!