Hot milk sponge cake is a light , fluffy ,flavourful vanilla sponge cake made with simple ingredients and great in tastes.
- 1(125 gm) cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F. Grease and butter well a 7 inch round pan. Line the bottom with parchment ( optional).
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
- Heat milk and butter until the butter melts. Keep aside but keep it hot.
- Beat with an electric mixer or whisk, the sugar, vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy (about triple in volume)
- Whisk in the flour mixture and hot milk-butter mixture
- Pour batter into prepared pan , tap against counter and bake for 30-35 minutes at 180 C/ 350 F until cake springs back when touched on top . The top will be browned and edges will come away from the pan.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes and then carefully invert out, remove parchment and cool right side up on a wire rack
- Bake as soon as the batter is ready . Letting the batter stand will make it deflate and lose volume