Yogurt and orange are a great combination in this moist cake recipe. It will also keep for several days in an airtight container if you can resist eating it all at once!
- 125g/4½oz full-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 50ml/2fl oz vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 orange, zest only
- 3 free-range eggs
- 125g/4½ caster sugar
- 200g/7oz plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
For the glaze
- 75g/3oz marmalade
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and line a 450g/1lb loaf tin.
- In a large bowl beat together the yoghurt, vegetable oil, lemon and orange zest and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Sift in all the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for about 45 minutes. (Test the cake by inserting a skewer into the centre. If the skewer comes out clean, the cake is done.)
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little in the tin.
- Meanwhile for the glaze, warm the marmalade and orange juice until the marmalade melts. Pour the glaze over the cake and set aside to cool completely.
- Remove the cake from the tin and serve with lashings of Greek-style yoghurt.