This rich, savory Vietnamese stir-fry cooks so fast, it’s perfect for weeknights.
- 1 package Angus Beef Sirloin Steak Tips, trimmed if needed
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light molasses or honey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Neutral oil, we used avocado oil
- ⅓ cup water
- Juice of 3 large limes, about ¼ cup, divided use
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch red chard, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch upland cress, washed well and trimmed
- Using a sharp knife, cut the steak tips into 1 to 1½-inch pieces. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, molasses, and garlic. Add steak tips and toss to coat. Marinate mixture for 30-60 minutes.
- Drain marinade from the beef into a medium bowl and set aside, be sure to drain well. Add about 2 tablespoons of oil to the beef, toss to coat, and set aside. Whisk water, ½ of the lime juice, and cornstarch into the marinade, set aside.
- In a large, heavy skillet heat a scant tablespoon of oil. Working in batches as not to crowd the pan, sear the beef until nicely browned on the first side, about 1-2 minutes. Continue to cook, turning frequently and moving the skillet, until steak tips are browned all over but still pink in the middle, about 2-3 minutes more. Transfer beef to a rimmed plate or bowl and continue to cook until all beef is done.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add red onion and sauté until softened, about 1 minute. Add red chard and continue to sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes more. Remove onion and chard mixture to a serving platter and top with cress. Season with black pepper and remaining lime juice.
- Add reserved marinade to the pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened and glossy, about 2 minutes. Add back beef and any accumulated juices and toss to coat. Scatter beef and sauce over greens and serve immediately.