This moist vanilla Cake Recipe is fluffy, sweet and so easy to make from scratch! Every bite of this supremely moist vanilla cake is bursting with fresh vanilla flavor that will have you hooked after just one bite.
- 320 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 70 g butter
- 200 ml creme frache
- 3 medium-sized eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (approx. 175°C) and generously grease and flour your cake pan. Shake out excess flour and set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift all-purpose flour, and add in the salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a large mixing bowl. To that, add sugar and use an electric mixer to beat till creamy, smooth and fluffy; about 3 minutes.
- To that, add melted butter and continue mixing till well incorporated.
- Reduce the speed to low and gradually add in the dry ingredients, about ¼ cup at a time. Mix and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and stir again on low speed till well combined; about 1 minute. (Don’t overwork the batter).
- Add crème frache and carefully mix in with a hand whisk.
- Spread the batter into the prepared cake pan and use a spatula to smoothen the surface of the batter.
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the vanilla cake comes out with a few moist crumbs; not totally clean.
- Carefully remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around the sides of the cake pan and invert vanilla cake onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before serving.