With a name like Glazed Lemon-Blueberry Loaf, you know you’re in for a treat. Tangy and sweet, thanks to the fresh blueberries and lemon juice, the secret to this recipe is stirring sour cream (or plain yogurt) into the batter for an ultra-moist crumb! And because this is lemon-blueberry bread, we couldn’t resist upping the flavor with a lemon-extract and powdered sugar glaze on top—don’t skip it, really! True lemon lovers might want to add an garnish of fresh zest for an extra pop of citrus.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons whipping cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9×5-inch loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs, vanilla, sour cream, lemon peel and juice. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the blueberries. Spoon batter into pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup blueberries on top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle glaze over loaf. Let stand until set before slicing.