This is a delightfully fine-crumbed, moist donut that’s so good for any occasion! This Hug donut is a winner with its rich chocolatey flavor from melted dark chocolate. Yummm-guaranteed!
- 250 g of white flour
- 250 g of fresh cream
- 130 g of granulated sugar
- 90 g of butter
- 3 medium eggs (about 50 g each)
- 15 g of bitter cocoa
- 1 sachet of baking powder (16 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or the inner seeds of a pod)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C in static mode.
- Put the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract (or seeds) in a bowl, mix vigorously with a whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat and when it is warm add it to the bowl, stirring vigorously.
- Add 220 g of fresh cream at room temperature (keep the other 30 g aside), then add the flour and mix until you obtain a very smooth cream without lumps.
- Sift the sachet of yeast and add it to the mixture, mixing to incorporate it delicately.
- Grease and flour the 22 cm round pan with the hole, put half of the mixture covering 50% of the pan.
- Take the 30 g of fresh cream that you have kept aside and add the bitter cocoa, stirring vigorously to rehydrate it.
- Add the compound obtained in the bowl with the other half of the dough and mix well until it becomes a homogeneous color.
- Put the cocoa mixture in the other half of the mold or spread the white mixture all over the mold and pour the cocoa mixture on top, in this way you will obtain a variegated donut.
- Bake in a static hot oven at 200°C for 35 minutes, test with a toothpick, inserting it into the donut so that the dough does not stick.