This cake is light and tender with a pillowy soft crumb, has a bright yellow colour and amazingly delicious.
- All-purpose flour – 1 & 3/4 cups
- Custard powder – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter – 250g
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 3 large
- Flavour – 2 teaspoons
- Milk – 1 & 1/4 cups
- Measure out the flour into a bowl.
- Add the custard powder.
- Add the baking powder and salt
- Mix well to combine, and set aside.
- Put the butter and sugar into another bowl.
- Mix until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until it’s combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl
- Mix well.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix to combine. I used banana flavour as I ran out of vanilla essence.
- Add the flour a little at a time and mix just until combined.
- Add some of the milk. Alternate between flour and milk (ending with flour) and mix until it’s combined.
- Add the rest of the flour and mix just until it is combined. Do not over mix.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and fold in any visible flour.
- Pour batter into a well greased pan.I recommend you use a Loaf pan or Square pan.
- Smoothen the top and bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool on a rack.
- Serve with whipped cream and/or fruits.