Cool down from the summer heat with pretty raspberry coconut parfaits. Layered with sweet compote and fluffy coconut cream, these colourful summer desserts are served chilled, so you can make ahead for an easy way to finish a summer party.
- 1 x 400ml (14fl oz) tin full-fat coconut milk
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp rose water (optional)
- 250g (8 3/4oz) fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 30g (1oz) pistachios, chopped
- Chill the coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Once chilled, open the tin and scoop the firm, separated coconut cream into a bowl. Set aside the water (it can be used in smoothies). Whisk the cream vigorously using an electric hand whisk, until light and fluffy. Add the lemon zest, agave or maple syrup, and rose water (if using), then whisk again until combined. Chill for 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, put 150g raspberries in a shallow bowl with the lemon juice and the sugar. Roughly mash using the back of a fork until it resembles a compote.
- To assemble the parfaits, add a spoonful of compote each to the bottom of 4 small glasses, followed by a dollop of chilled coconut cream, a handful of whole fresh raspberries and finally another spoonful of the coconut cream. Top with a few more fresh raspberries and spoon over any remaining compote. Chill the parfaits until needed. Serve with the chopped pistachios sprinkled over.