This robust stew is a hug in a bowl, offering warmth, nourishment, and a sense of security.
- 1.5 pounds of stew beef, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup of red wine (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, brown the beef over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic, and sauté until fragrant.
- Pour in the beef broth and red wine (if using). Add the bay leaves.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 1.5 to 2 hours until the beef is tender.
- Add carrots and potatoes, simmer for another 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.