This classic Korean bbq beef dish is marinated with bulgogi sauce, the tender and juicy beef is sliced thin which makes it easy to cook. Full of amazing flavor from our homemade bulgogi sauce giving it the right balance of sweetness, savory and smoky notes. Try our Korean bbq bulgogi beef recipe today and serve it with your choice of side.
- 2 pounds boneless rib-eye steak
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soya sauce
- 1 small pear or fuji apple peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil or olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 2 tablespoon rice wine
- 4 teaspoons red pepper paste (gochujang)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil for cooking
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1 stack green onions chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Slice the steaks very thin about 2-3mm in thickness and place inside a medium-size bowl, you can freeze for them 20 minutes so they remain firm and easier to slice.
- Add soy sauce, grated pear, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, black pepper, gochujang pepper paste, and garlic, onion, and combine and mix with the meat marinating it.
- If you want a more liquidy marinate, add the ingredients in step 2 into a blender or food processor and pulse for a few seconds or until it liquifies.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours. For best results marinate overnight.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (depending on your skillet size) into a wok or skillet and heat on medium-high.
- Carefully place each piece of sliced beef in a single layer and fry for 3-4 minutes each side and place onto a plate.
- Add the remaining oil and repeat until all the meat is cooked.
- Once all the meat is cooked place it back into the skillet with the remaining marinating sauce, 2 tablespoon water, and shredded carrots, and cook for 3-4 minutes tossing them together.
- Serve immediately with rice, noodles, or salad. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.