If you can’t wait for dessert, try this brilliant microwave blueberry creation. It’s ready in 5 minutes and all you need is a mug. A super easy, quick and fruity mug cake recipe when you’re in need of a speedy treat.
- 85g blueberries (roughly half a mug)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp butter or sunflower oil spread
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp milk
- pinch flaked almonds
- small scoop vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
- Put the blueberries in a microwaveproof mug and stir in the lemon juice. In another microwave-proof mug, microwave the butter on low to melt. Mix in the syrup or honey, then the flour, until smooth. Stir in the milk.
- Spoon the cobbler mix on top of the berries, then scatter with the almonds. Microwave on medium for 3 mins, until puffed up. Leave to cool for 2 mins, then top with the ice cream.