These easy and economical lemon poppy seed muffins are perfect for fetes, parties, lunchboxes, or coffee break.
- 2 cups almond flour 185 grams
- 3/4 cup coconut flour 90 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 3 grams
- 2/3 cup raw honey melted
- 2/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons pure lemon extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 Celsius).
- Sift almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Place oil and honey in the bowl of a food processor and process for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add coconut milk, lemon extract, and lemon zest, and poppy seeds. Continue to process until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients and thoroughly combine using a wooden spoon until smooth
- Pour batter into muffin liners in a muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven, remove from the pan and let cool